Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Scott McCarron: Reverse-K Setup and Standup Move


I have followed professional golfer Scott Mccarran  since he started on the PGA Tour in the 1990s, first at the now defunct Greater Milwaukee Open and just recently at the Tucson Conquistadore Classic now that Scott is on the Senior Tour. To me, Scott always had a beautiful swing and hit the ball a long way, but I never understood how he did it. Now, we have him explaining in his own words (video here) how he does it. I also took some practice round video at the Tucson Conquistadore Classic to compare the verbal explanation with his actual on-course swings. 

The notable parts of Scott's swing explanation are his setup using the Reverse-K position and how he starts his swing using the standup move. If you are a Stack and Tilt player (see my comments here) you will be familiar with the standup move and will also find the Reverse-K setup position an important modification on the Stack and Tilt setup position. If you are left-anchor golfer (using E. A. Tishler's method here) you will also be interested to know that, at least at the Tucson Conquistadore Classic, E. A. Tischler was coaching Scott McCarron during the practice round and on the practice tee.



These face-on still images were taken from a video I recorded during the practice round at the Tucson Conquistadore Classic (video here).



These down-the-line still images were taken from a video I recorded during the practice round at the Tucson Conquistadore Classic (video here).


E. A. Tischler photographed as I said "Hey, I've read every book you've written on golf" which wasn't completely accurate (he has written a lot of books here) but got his attention. 

UPDATE: Another Scott McCarron secret: CBD (here).


No comments:

Post a Comment